The Vegan Chronicles: Crumble my Apple15 February 2016
There are not many things in life that I am sure off. I am however sure that I can make a mean apple crumble! I have been making it since my teenage years and my entire family loves it. I never really knew it was a delicious vegan dish. I just loved the sour cinnamon apple with the sweet crunchy cook dough on top.
So here is my very own apple crumble recipe with my secret ingredient. Please enjoy it like I enjoy Every. Single. Time!
- 500 grams of Goudrenetten or Elstar apples (try a sour hard apple that you would almost not eat just like that)
- 150 grams of granulated white sugar
- 50 grams of coarse brown sugar
- *secret ingredient* 1 (about 8 grams) of vanilla sugar
- 200 grams of cold Wajang butter (or any vegan butter) OBS! Make sure it’s butter without any salt.
- 300 grams of self-rising flower
- 1 tbls of cinnamon (for the apples)
- 1 tbls of sugar (for the apples)
- *optional* a squeeze of lemon juice (over the apples)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit)
- Put the flower and sugars in a bowl and mix the two ingredients with a spoon
- Take the butter out of the fridge and cut it in smaller cubs
- Rub the butter between your fingers into the flower and sugar until it forms a dough
- Place in fridge
- Cut apple in squared pieces and add the sugar, cinnamon and lemon
- Mix well
- Butter your pan and put the apples in
- (now the fun part) get your dough out of the fridge and sprinkle all over the top
- Place it pan in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes
- For the best taste let it cool completely, but perhaps you can’t wait that long ;)
Eet smakkelijk / Enjoy!
Back to overview
by Pamela Pinas