Terms and conditions of International Faculty Association ACE
If you become a member of International Faculty Association ACE, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Only students studying at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication of the Erasmus University Rotterdam can become a member of International Faculty Association ACE, unless decided otherwise by the board.
- A membership term starts September 1st and ends August 31st.
- A member of International Faculty Association ACE contributes a yearly membership fee of €20.
- Members of International Faculty Association ACE receive many benefits. These include but are not limited to a discount on study books, the possibility to join activities the association organises (often for a better price than non-members), the possibility to join committees and the possibility to apply for a board position. Members also have a vote in the General Assembly, held at least four times a year. Furthermore, members receive the newsletter and a copy of EmbrACE, the association’s magazine.
- Membership is automatically extended every year on the 1st of September. If a member would like to end his or her membership, this must be done with observance of the statutory term of notice (art. 8 paragraph 3 Statutes International Faculty Association ACE jo. art. 2:36 paragraph 1 BW), i.e. before the 1st of August by sending an email to email@example.com. If a member does not unsubscribe before this date, the membership will automatically be extended for another year. After the 1st of August, it is only possible to unsubscribe for the term following the new term that starts on September 1st and consequently the contribution for the new membership term is due (art. 8 paragraphs 5 and 7 Statutes International Faculty Association ACE jis. art. 2:36 paragraph 2 BW and art. 2:35 paragraph 2:35 paragraph 5 BW).
- Ending studies at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication of Erasmus University Rotterdam does not automatically end a membership at International Faculty Association ACE. It is a person's own responsibility to unsubscribe. If he or she fails to do so, the membership will automatically be extended.
- By becoming a member of International Faculty Association ACE, any person below the age of 18 acknowledges that he or she has reviewed these terms and conditions with a parent or a legal guardian.
By signing up for an activity organised by International Faculty Association ACE, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Activities that require a fee
- Subscription requires participants to pay the fee as mentioned on the website.
- Unsubscribing from activities is possible up to three days before the activity. We will return your payment, excluding any costs that were made already.
- If different conditions have been specified for any activity, those conditions apply.
- In case the deadline to unsubscribe has passed but you are absent due to unforeseen circumstances, the board must be contacted to discuss any compensation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The board will then decide whether a person is eligible for compensation.
Activities that don’t require a fee
- Subscription requires participation.
- It is possible to unsubscribe up to three days before the activity.
- If the deadline to unsubscribe has passed and the participant does not participate in the activity he or she has subscribed to, this will be registered by International Faculty Association ACE. When this happens twice, we have the right to exclude this person from participating in further International Faculty Association ACE activities.
International Faculty Association ACE reserves the right to unilaterally modify these terms and conditions with due consideration of art. 6:237 point c BW.